Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or, if it is, an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, RTF, or WordPerfect document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a Times New Roman, 12-point font; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The manuscript includes a properly formatted reference section. Authors should not use built-in reference tools provided by programs such as Microsoft Word.
If submitting to a peer-reviewed section of the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
Tools and Resources
Tools and resources are instruments that can be used to make applications of the law or work through a decision making process.
Perspective, Opinion, and Commentary
These articles feature readers' original and personal views on subjects that fall within the scope and focus of JCEL. A variety of perspectives are encouraged for submission, including experiential and opinion pieces from library educators, researchers, students, practitioners and collaborators (e.g. publishers, university administrators or disciplinary faculty, librarians, and students).
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.